Recipe Adapted from Veg Inspirations
- Noodles ~ 1 packet
- Carrots, chopped into thin, long slices (julienned) ~ 1/2 cup
- Red bell pepper, chopped into thin, long slices ~ 1/2 cup
- Spring onions, both white and green portion ~ about 3 – 4
- Ginger, crushed ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Red pepper flakes, salt ~ to taste
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- Peanut Butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, salt ~ to taste
- Water ~ for desired consistency
- Cilantro, chopped fine ~ a few sprigs
- Prepare the noodles as per instructions. Set aside.
- In a wok or heavy bottomed pan, add some oil. Let the flame be on high. Once it’s hot, add the white portion of the spring onion, saute it for a minute, and then add the ginger.
- Add the julienned carrots, saute for a minute, then add the bell pepper and again saute for about a minute. Remember to do all this over high flame.
- Now add the drained noodles to this with some pepper flakes and salt. Mix well and switch off the stove.
- Prepare the peanut butter by blending together all the ingredients listed above, until the desired taste/consistency is reached.
- Mix the sauce with the noodles, and garnish it with the green portion of the spring onion.