- Green Grapes, seedless ~ 1 cup
- Bread, diced into pieces ~ 1 cup
- Garlic cloves ~ 4
- Almonds, blanches ~ ½ cup
- Water ~ 1 cup
- Olive oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Salt, Pepper ~ to taste
- Soak almonds in warm water for about 15 mins. or so.
- Puree the grapes in a blender. Soak the bread pieces in this grapes puree for about 10 mins.
- Blend the almonds along with almonds until well blended. Add in the soaked bread pieces(along with the grape puree), water, oil and lemon juice and blend until well incorporated.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste, and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- This is best served cold, so the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it is.
- Can be served with a sprinkling of garlic powder and pepper on top, along with some parsley or cilantro leaves.
Recipe Source Veg Bowl
Recipe Adapted From Saffron Hut
- Onion, chopped ~ 1
- Tomatoes, crushed ~ 1 small can
- Garlic cloves, minced ~ 2
- Carrots, chopped ~ 2
- Spinach ~ a couple of leaves
- Pasta ~ a fistful
- Chickpeas ~ a fistful
- Fresh Basil ~ a couple of leaves
- Red pepper flakes, salt, pepper ~ to taste
- Dried parsley, rosemary, oregano ~ to taste
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Water ~ 2 cups
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Once hot, add red pepper flakes, parsley, rosemary, oregano and garlic.
- Immediately add the chopped onions and saute till onions are translucent.
- Now add the tomatoes and give a good stir.
- Add the carrots, pasta, chickpeas, salt and water and let it boil until the pasta is done.
- Now add the spinach leaves and let it boil until it wilts.
- Turn off the stove and add the basil leaves and pepper(if needed).
Recipe Adapted From ThePickyEater
- Kidney beans ~ 1 can
- Pinto beans ~ 1 can
- Onion ~ 1
- Tomatoes ~ 1 28 oz can
- Garlic, minced ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Cumin powder ~ 1 heaping Tbsp. (do NOT skip on this)
- Chili powder ~ 1 tsp.
- Salt, pepper ~ to taste
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Water ~ as desired, to get the right consistency
- Heat oil in a saucepan, and once hot add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute. Now add the chopped onions and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans well and add it to the pan along with the tomatoes and water. Also add the cumin powder, chili powder, pepper and salt and let it simmer until all the flavors blend in, and the desired consistency is reached.