- Rice ~ 1 cup
- Moong dal ~ ½ cup
- Jaggery ~ 1½ cups, crushed
- Milk ~ 3 cups
- Water ~ 3 cups
- Roast moong dal in a teaspoon of ghee until light red in color.
- Pressure cook rice, moong dal, milk and water for about 5 whistles until it is mushy.
- While rice is cooking, bring the jaggery to a roaring boil with a cup of water in another pot. Once it’s boiling, reduce it to a simmer and let it continue for a couple more mins, after which turn off the stove and let it cool. Now filter this to remove the impurities in jaggery.
- Add the cooked rice to the filtered jaggery syrup and let it cook on medium until desired consistency is reached. Add ghee (personal preference as to the amount of it) at this stage. Also add roasted cashews and raisins to the mixture.
- Just follow the recipe, and it’s a guaranteed hit.
Recipe Source: Mahanandi