Recipe Adapted From EgglessCooking
- All purpose flour ~ 2 cups
- Apple, grated with their skin ~ 1 cup
- Brown Sugar ~ 1/2 cup
- Butter ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Water ~ 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon, salt ~ a pinch
- Coconut flakes ~ 1/4 cup
- Walnuts, chopped ~ 1/2 cup
- Baking soda ~ 1 tsp.
- Orange juice ~ a couple of Tablespoons
- Granulated sugar ~ for sprinkling on top
- In a saucepan, combine the grated apples, brown sugar, butter, oil, water, coconut flakes, cinnamon and salt, and let it come to a boil. Remove and cool completely. Mix in the orange juice at this stage.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, walnuts and baking soda.
- Add the cooled mixture to the flour and fold until combined. Do NOT over-mix.
- Fill them in a greased muffin pan and sprinkle some granulate sugar on top.
- Bake them until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
- This yields 12 regular sized muffins.