- Ripe Avocado ~ 1
- Lime juice ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Cilantro ~ ½ cup
- Salt, Green chilies ~ to taste
- Olive oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- First, cut avocados in half, and remove the pit/seed. Scoop out the pulp using a spoon.
- Blend this with the rest of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Green Grapes, seedless ~ 1 cup
- Bread, diced into pieces ~ 1 cup
- Garlic cloves ~ 4
- Almonds, blanches ~ ½ cup
- Water ~ 1 cup
- Olive oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Salt, Pepper ~ to taste
- Soak almonds in warm water for about 15 mins. or so.
- Puree the grapes in a blender. Soak the bread pieces in this grapes puree for about 10 mins.
- Blend the almonds along with almonds until well blended. Add in the soaked bread pieces(along with the grape puree), water, oil and lemon juice and blend until well incorporated.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste, and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- This is best served cold, so the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it is.
- Can be served with a sprinkling of garlic powder and pepper on top, along with some parsley or cilantro leaves.
Recipe Source Veg Bowl
Recipe Adapted From PickyEater
- Red Bell Pepper ~ 1
- Onion, chopped fine ~ 1
- Kidney beans ~ 1 small can
- Tomatoes ~ 1 small can, or if using fresh 0nes, roughly about 2, diced
- Cumin powder ~ 1 tsp.
- Jalapeno peppers, minced ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Red chili powder, salt ~ to taste
- Spring onions, chopped ~ for garnish
- Shredded cheese ~ 2 Tbsp. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, add some olive oil, and once hot, add the onions and jalapenos and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients (with the exception of the cheese and spring onions) and cook until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the stem, the inner membrane and the seeds.
- Now fill both the pepper halves with the bean mixture, top it with some cheese, and bake in a baking sheet until done, for about 30 minutes or so. Alternatively, to keep the bottom from crisping up too much, bake these in a loaf pan, by adding some vegetable broth to the bottom(about a quarter of an inch).
- Garnish it with the chopped spring onions.
Recipe Adapted From ThePickyEater
- Kidney beans ~ 1 can
- Pinto beans ~ 1 can
- Onion ~ 1
- Tomatoes ~ 1 28 oz can
- Garlic, minced ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Cumin powder ~ 1 heaping Tbsp. (do NOT skip on this)
- Chili powder ~ 1 tsp.
- Salt, pepper ~ to taste
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Water ~ as desired, to get the right consistency
- Heat oil in a saucepan, and once hot add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute. Now add the chopped onions and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans well and add it to the pan along with the tomatoes and water. Also add the cumin powder, chili powder, pepper and salt and let it simmer until all the flavors blend in, and the desired consistency is reached.