- Noolkol, chopped into cubes ~ 1 cup
- Onion, slit lengthwise ~ 1
- Tomato, chopped into cubes ~ 1
- Ginger-garlic paste ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Sombu / Fennel seeds ~ 1 tsp.
- Salt ~ to taste
- Oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Cinnamon stick ~ 1
- Cloves ~ 2
- Water ~ to get the kurma to the desired consistency
- Coconut ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Roasted gram / Pottu Kadalai ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Coriander powder ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Sambhar powder ~ to taste
- Blend the items under the ‘To Blend’ into a coarse paste with some water.
- In a pan, add the oil, and once hot add sombu, cinnamon stick and cloves, followed by the onions and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute the onions until soft, and then add the tomato and noolkol.
- Once the tomatoes turn mushy, and the noolkol is cooked, add the blended stuff, water and salt and let it come to a boil.