Recipe Source RaksKitchen
For the bun:
- Warm water (110 degrees F) ~ ½ cup
- Sugar ~ 1 tablespoon
- Active dry yeast ~2¼ teaspoons
- All-purpose flour ~ 1½ cups
- Salt ~ ¾ teaspoon
- Oil ~ 1 tablespoon
For the garlic spread:
- garlic, chopped finely ~ 3 flakes
- butter ~ 2 tablespoons
- cilantro, chopped finely ~ 1 tablespoon
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water. Once the sugar has been evenly distributed throughout the water, stir in the yeast with a whisk. Let it now sit for about 5 to 10 minutes undisturbed. Once the yeast begins to form a creamy foam on the surface of the water, continue with the rest of the steps.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
- Mix in the flour and knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide into 6 portions. Arrange this(with enough gaps) in a baking sheet, and let it rise for about an 30 to 45 mins, until double in size.
- Make a slit on top and fill in the garlic spread.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for about 25 mins. until golden brown.
- If there is no foam in the bowl, the yeast is dead. Please start over with a new packet of yeast.