Recipe Adapted from Nishamadhulika
- Apple, peeled and chopped into big chunks ~ 3 cups
- Sugar ~ to taste
- Lemon juice ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Cinnamon powder ~ 1/2 tsp.
- Clove powder ~ 1/2 tsp.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the apple chunks with a few tablespoons of water, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the chunks can be mashed into a pulp using a potato masher.
- Add sugar, clove and cinnamon to this, and cook until the entire mixture comes to a jam like consistency. Make sure all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the stove, and add the lemon juice.
- Allow it to cool, and store in a clean container.