- Rice ~ 2 cups
- Peas (fresh or frozen) ~ a handful
- Onion, chopped into thin long slices ~ 1
- Coconut Milk ~ 2 cups
- Water ~ 2 cups
- Green chilies(slit lengthwise), salt ~ to taste
- Fennel seeds ~ 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon stick ~ 1
- Bay leaf ~ 1
- Cloves ~ 4
- In a pressure cooker, add some oil (or ghee), and once hot add in the last 4 ingredients and saute for a minute.
- Add the onion slices and green chilies to this, and saute until onion’s translucent.
- Now add the peas and saute for another minute.
- Add the rice to this and saute this for 3 minutes or so. This will ensure that the cooked rice doesn’t stick to one another. Take care to not burn the rice.
- Now add the coconut milk, water and salt, give it a final mix and let it cook for 3 whistles.