- Pudina/Mint ~ a bunch
- Tomato paste ~ 3 Tbsp.
- Tamarind, Red chillies ~ to taste
- Jeera ~ about a Tbsp.
- Urud dal, Channa dal ~ about 1 Tbsp. each
- Wash the mint leaves thoroughly and chop them coarsely.
- In a skillet, add some oil, and once hot add the jeera and let it sizzle. Now add the dals and roast it to golden brown. Add the red chillies to this.
- Now add the mint leaves and saute for about a min or two, following which add the tomato paste (can also use fresh tomatoes) and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Turn off the stove, let it cool and grind this with tamarind and salt to a coarse paste.
Onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cilantro, red chillies, sambhar powder and salt.
All of the above are to one’s preference.
- Saute all the above ingredients and then blend when slightly cool.
- If you want to store it for a long time, temper some oil with mustard seeds and add it to the blended chutney.
- Roasted peanuts, with their skin removed ~ 1 cup
- Red chillies ~ 3 to 4
- Tamarind paste ~ ½ teaspoon
- Asafoetida ~ a pinch
- Blend all the above with salt, adjusting the tamarind paste and red chillies as needed.
- Temper some mustard seeds and urud dal in oil and add it to the blended chutney.