- Toor Dal ~ ½ cup
- Black-eyed peas ~ ½ cup
- Cluster Beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces ~ ½ cup
- Onion, sliced into long pieces ~ 1
- Tamarind ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Sambhar powder, salt ~ to taste
- Green chili, slit ~ 1
- Mustard seeds ~ 1 tsp.
- Oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Fenugreek seeds ~ 1 tsp.
- Red chili ~ 1
- Asafoetida ~ a pinch
- Pressure cook toor dal until mushy. Similarly, pressure cook black-eyed peas but ensure it retains its shape.
- Mix tamarind paste in water. To that add the cluster beans, onion, black-eyed peas, salt, sambhar powder and green chili and let it all cook until the veggies are done.
- Add the cooked toor dal to this and let it come to a boil. Turn the heat off at this stage.
- Do the tempering – add the oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add the rest of the ingredients under the ‘To temper’ and add it to the sambhar.