Recipe Adapted From PickyEater
- Red Bell Pepper ~ 1
- Onion, chopped fine ~ 1
- Kidney beans ~ 1 small can
- Tomatoes ~ 1 small can, or if using fresh 0nes, roughly about 2, diced
- Cumin powder ~ 1 tsp.
- Jalapeno peppers, minced ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Red chili powder, salt ~ to taste
- Spring onions, chopped ~ for garnish
- Shredded cheese ~ 2 Tbsp. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, add some olive oil, and once hot, add the onions and jalapenos and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients (with the exception of the cheese and spring onions) and cook until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the stem, the inner membrane and the seeds.
- Now fill both the pepper halves with the bean mixture, top it with some cheese, and bake in a baking sheet until done, for about 30 minutes or so. Alternatively, to keep the bottom from crisping up too much, bake these in a loaf pan, by adding some vegetable broth to the bottom(about a quarter of an inch).
- Garnish it with the chopped spring onions.
Recipe Adapted from Veg Inspirations
- Noodles ~ 1 packet
- Carrots, chopped into thin, long slices (julienned) ~ 1/2 cup
- Red bell pepper, chopped into thin, long slices ~ 1/2 cup
- Spring onions, both white and green portion ~ about 3 – 4
- Ginger, crushed ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Red pepper flakes, salt ~ to taste
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- Peanut Butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, salt ~ to taste
- Water ~ for desired consistency
- Cilantro, chopped fine ~ a few sprigs
- Prepare the noodles as per instructions. Set aside.
- In a wok or heavy bottomed pan, add some oil. Let the flame be on high. Once it’s hot, add the white portion of the spring onion, saute it for a minute, and then add the ginger.
- Add the julienned carrots, saute for a minute, then add the bell pepper and again saute for about a minute. Remember to do all this over high flame.
- Now add the drained noodles to this with some pepper flakes and salt. Mix well and switch off the stove.
- Prepare the peanut butter by blending together all the ingredients listed above, until the desired taste/consistency is reached.
- Mix the sauce with the noodles, and garnish it with the green portion of the spring onion.
Recipe Adapted from Annie’s-Eats
Bell Pepper Sauce:
- Red Bell Pepper ~ 1
- Garlic pods ~ 2
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Salt, Pepper ~ to taste
- Roast bell pepper over the stove on the open flame (i.e. place the bell pepper on the stove flame directly, turning it around at intervals so that all sides are equally charred).
- Once cool, peel the burnt skin away, discard the seeds, and chop into pieces.
- Blend this together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Some chili flakes can be added while blending, if needed, to kick it up a notch.