- All-purpose flour ~ 1 cup
- Butter, dairy or vegan, at room temperature ~ ½ cup (1 stick)
- Baking soda ~ ½ tsp.
- Sugar ~ ½ cup (can sub. with ¼ cup brown sugar + ¼ cup white sugar)
- Vanilla extract ~ 1 tsp.
- Salt ~ a pinch
- Chocolate chips ~ ¼ to ½ cup, depending on preference
- Milk, dairy or vegan ~ a couple of Tbsp. depending on the dough consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat .
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to the butter mixture and mix just until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- If the mixture is extremely dry or it doesn’t come together, add in milk 1 Tbsp. at a time until the dough comes together. The dough should not be too sticky, so be careful while adding the milk.
- Scoop out a Tbsp. of the dough at a time, roll into a ball, and place it on a baking sheet. Leave a couple of inches between each one of them.
- Bake for about 15 mins. or so, until the edges are golden brown.