- Cracked wheat ~ 1 cup
- Onions, sliced lengthwise ~ 1
- Red chilies ~ 2
- Peas ~ ½ cup
- Tomato, chopped into cubes ~ 1
- Salt ~ to taste
- Water ~ 2½ cup
- Oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Mustard ~ 1 tsp.
- Cilantro ~ a few sprigs
- Add oil to a pan, and once hot, add the mustard seeds, followed by the red chilies.
- Now add the onions and saute for a couple of minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, and saute until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the peas, and give it a stir for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the salt & water, cover, and let this come to a boil.
- Add in the cracked wheat, ensuring no lumps are formed, cover and cook until the water has evaporated.
- Garnish with cilantro.