- All-purpose flour ~ 2 cups
- Baking powder ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Salt ~ ½ tsp.
- Sugar ~ 4 Tbsp.
- Butter, cold ~ 5 Tbsp.
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen ~ 1 cup
- Milk ~ 1 cup
- Lemon zest ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Vanilla extract ~ 1 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F
- Mix in the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, lemon zest.
- Grate the cold butter into the dry mixture, and mix it well so that the butter rubs into the flour well.
- Fold the blueberries into the mixture, taking care not to smash them.
- Now, pour in the milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, and mix it just until the dough comes together.
- Pat the dough on a floured surface into a circle about 1 inch thick, and cut it into 8 pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet, brush the top with either some melted butter, or some milk, and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes until done.
Recipe Adapted from Food Network