- Potatoes, boiled and chopped roughly into chunks ~ 4
- Tomoto, chopped into small chunks ~ 1
- Cinnamon stick ~ 1
- Cloves ~ 3
- Fennel seeds ~ 1 tsp.
- Salt ~ to taste
- Oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Coconut flakes ~ 1/2 a cup
- Fried Gram / Pottu Kadalai ~ 4 Tbsp.
- Green chillies ~ to taste
- Ginger-Garlic paste ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Blend all the ingredients under the ‘To Blend’ to a coarse paste with some water.
- In a saucepan, add oil and once hot the fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon.
- To this, add the blended paste and tomato chunks, and saute till the raw smell goes away.
- Mix in the boiled potatoes, salt, and water to desired consistency, and let it all come to a boil.