- Beetroot, shredded or chopped into very small chunks ~ 2
- Green chillies, slit lengthwise ~ to taste
- Mustard ~ 1 tsp.
- Channa dal, Urud dal ~ 1 tsp. each
- Olive oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Salt ~ to taste
- In a skillet, add the oil and once hot, add the mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- To this add the dals and green chillies, and saute until the dals turn light brown in color.
- Now mix in the beetroot and salt, cover and cook on low heat until done. Sprinkle some water if the beetroot gets too dry before it gets cooked.