- Semiya/Vermicelli ~ 1 cup
- Onions, slit lengthwise ~ 1
- Tomato, chopped into small pieces ~ 1
- Ginger ~ 1 inch
- Garlic pods ~ 3
- Green chillies, salt ~ to taste
- Mixed veggies like carrot, peas, potatoes & beans, chopped into small pieces ~ ½ cup
- Water ~ 2 cups
- Cinnamon stick ~ 1
- Cloves ~ 2
- Oil ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Roast semiya in a dry skillet until it’s light golden brown, and remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add oil and once hot, add the cinnamon and cloves. To this add ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions and green chillies and saute until onions become translucent, after which add the tomatoes and saute for a couple more minutes. To this add the veggies and continue sauteing for a few more minutes.
- Now add the water and salt, cover and let it come to a boil. Once water’s boiling, add the semiya and mix well.
- Turn off the stove once the water is all evaporated.