- Spaghetti ~ a fistful
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Red pepper flakes ~ a pinch
- Fresh Basil, chopped ~ a couple of leaves
For the Bean Balls:
- Black beans ~ 1 medium sized can
- Oats ~ a fistful
- Soy Sauce ~ 2 tsp.
- Salt ~ to taste
- Bread Crumbs ~ to coat
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. In a skillet, add the olive oil, and once hot add the pepper flakes and toss in the spaghetti until it’s well coated with the oil. Turn off the flames and mix in the basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, drain the beans and smash them well. Mix in the oats, soy sauce and salt to the beans.
- Make small balls out of this mixture, coat it in the bread crumbs.
- Either deep fry these balls in oil, or bake these in 350 deg. oven for about 30 minutes until done.
- Serve these with some marina sauce on the side.
Recipe Source: The Vegan Stoner