Recipe Adapted From Saffron Hut
- Onion, chopped ~ 1
- Tomatoes, crushed ~ 1 small can
- Garlic cloves, minced ~ 2
- Carrots, chopped ~ 2
- Spinach ~ a couple of leaves
- Pasta ~ a fistful
- Chickpeas ~ a fistful
- Fresh Basil ~ a couple of leaves
- Red pepper flakes, salt, pepper ~ to taste
- Dried parsley, rosemary, oregano ~ to taste
- Olive oil ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Water ~ 2 cups
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Once hot, add red pepper flakes, parsley, rosemary, oregano and garlic.
- Immediately add the chopped onions and saute till onions are translucent.
- Now add the tomatoes and give a good stir.
- Add the carrots, pasta, chickpeas, salt and water and let it boil until the pasta is done.
- Now add the spinach leaves and let it boil until it wilts.
- Turn off the stove and add the basil leaves and pepper(if needed).