Recipe Adapted From PickyEater
- Red Bell Pepper ~ 1
- Onion, chopped fine ~ 1
- Kidney beans ~ 1 small can
- Tomatoes ~ 1 small can, or if using fresh 0nes, roughly about 2, diced
- Cumin powder ~ 1 tsp.
- Jalapeno peppers, minced ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Red chili powder, salt ~ to taste
- Spring onions, chopped ~ for garnish
- Shredded cheese ~ 2 Tbsp. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, add some olive oil, and once hot, add the onions and jalapenos and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients (with the exception of the cheese and spring onions) and cook until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the stem, the inner membrane and the seeds.
- Now fill both the pepper halves with the bean mixture, top it with some cheese, and bake in a baking sheet until done, for about 30 minutes or so. Alternatively, to keep the bottom from crisping up too much, bake these in a loaf pan, by adding some vegetable broth to the bottom(about a quarter of an inch).
- Garnish it with the chopped spring onions.