Recipe Adapted from Food
- All-purpose flour ~ 3/4 cup
- Whole wheat flour ~ 3/4 cup
- Baking soda ~ 1 tsp.
- Salt ~ 1 tsp.
- Brown sugar ~ 1/2 cup
- Bananas, ripe ~ 3 (If using frozen ones, let it defrost over counter top until mushy)
- Oil ~ 1/2 cup
- Butter, melted ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Vanilla extract ~ 1 tsp.
- Walnuts, chopped ~ 1/2 cup
- Orange zest ~ 1 Tbsp. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients – flours, soda, salt and brown sugar – in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas well, and add the wet ingredients – oil, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix.
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry one and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix, as this will lead to a dense end product.
- Fold in the walnuts and the orange zest(if using).
- In a greased loaf pan, pour in the batter and top it with some granulated sugar.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.