- Sambhar powder ~ to taste
- Peel the skin off of the vazhakkai and chop them into small pieces.
- In a kadai (preferably non-stick), put some oil and once hot, put the vazhakkai pieces in there and mix to coat the oil well.
- Add sambhar powder and salt to this, keep the flame at a minimum, cover with a lid and let it cook for about 10 – 15 minutes until done.
- Remove the cover, increase the heat to medium, and let it roast to a golden brown for a couple more minutes.
This requires no tadka whatsoever. The simplicity lends this curry a great taste.