For the batter:
- All purpose flour ~ enough to make a thick batter that would coat all the cauliflower florets.
- Rice flour ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Corn flour ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Red chili powder ~ to taste
- Salt ~ to taste
- Water ~ to make a thick batter
- Cauliflower ~ 1
- Onion ~ 1, chopped finely
- Ginger-garlic paste ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Soy Sauce ~ 2 Tbsp.
- Tomato-chili sauce ~ to taste
- Pepper powder ~ to taste
- Spring onions ~ for garnishing
- Break the cauliflower into florets and boil them in hot water until half done. This can be done quickly in a microwave by placing the florets with some water in a closed container and keeping it on high for a couple of minutes.
- Make a thick batter with all the ingredient under the “For the batter” section. Dip the florets into the batter until well coated, and deep fry them until cooked thoroughly and golden brown. Place these in a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- In a pan, saute the onions. Once done add the ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the tomato chili sauce, soy sauce, pepper powder and salt and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the florets and let it remain for a couple more minutes on the stove.
- Garnish it with spring onions.